Sunday 2 February 2020

Power of the Priesthood

Last year, we drove our youngest daughter to college in Idaho.  We stopped in Salt Lake City and attended a session before it closed it's doors in December for a massive four year renovation.  I was pondering my children and was concerned about their testimony and whether they would remain active in the gospel.

It was just before entering the celestial room that I received an answer that acted as a balm and gave me courage.  I realized that through the power of the priesthood (our family having been sealed in the temple) that somehow, all would be well as long as we continued to strive towards perfection. It has been said that as long as our feet are on the pathway towards the Lord when our mortality ended, that the atonement would make our works sufficient.

It is the hardest thing to allow our children to grow up and make their own choices.  It's so hard to remember all the false starts and ill-thought-out decisions we made at their age.  It requires so much faith to believe they will grow out of their youth and return to the Lord.  But I believe the Spirit has whispered to me to trust the power of the Priesthood to be upon my family, so I falteringly move forward and hope that I can be the parent they need.

No comments:

Post a Comment