Sunday 2 February 2020

I dreamed a dream or in other words, I had a vision 1990

When I was about 27 I had a dream, but it was so much more like a vision.  The dream was so vivid and wasn't disjoined like a regular dream.  I'll just tell it the way I remember it so perfectly.

The first I remember I was in an operating room watching as doctors and nurses were frantically working over a person on a table.  As they bustled about, I saw the person they were trying to recesitate  was ME and I was watching this from the corner ceiling of the operating theater.  I was  distraught as I watched them insert needles and tubes into my body, the body which had ALWAYS served me well.  My heart had always beat strong and regularly, my lungs had breathed without any thought on my part, but now it was betraying me.  I was so upset, worrying about my 2 young daughters and who would care for them.

As I looked away to my left, the operating room faded and I saw darkness.  When I had turned 180 degrees, I was in a plain room and the things I was thinking about all of a sudden became absurd, silly worries.  A laugh burbled from my throat as I, remembering how foolish it was to worry about such childish things, and said, "Oh yeah!" remembering with a certainty that everything was already taken care of.  Then I noticed that in  a simple chair sat a woman that I have never seen before with my mortal eyes.  As my glance fell on her I joyfully cried, "Mother!" and ran to her, sitting at her feet and placing my head in her lap.  She spoke to me, telling me important things that I remember thinking, "I need to remember this."

The next part of my dream finds me in a restaurant with Michelle and Kimmy's father and his parents.  I was in great humor thinking how great it was that I had been resurrected and was visiting with my earthly family.  I was very animated as I mentioned to them my new immortal state.  I remembered feeling so unafraid.  I was unafraid of death because I knew how fantastic it was to leave the mortal existence.  But they looked at each other and I could tell something was up.  I asked what was going on and they looked like they didn't know who should tell me.  Finally, my mother-in-law told me that I hadn't died, that the doctors were able to save me, but that I had an aneurism in my brain and that one day it would burst and I would die instantly.  I was so ANGRY!  So angry at those doctors for pulling me away from my afterlife.  I felt the mortal mantle of fear begin to settle around me as I realized I was going to have to die.

I got home and my two preschool children were there, needing to be fed, to be  dressed, to be cared for and all I could do was think, "I've got to write down my life for them so when I leave, they will know me.  I was trying to wipe a face and find something to write on, but only came up with a piece of an envelope to write on.

Then I woke up, knowing that keeping a journal for my children was the most important thing I could leave them.  So here I am, nearly 20 years later doing just that.  And those things "Mother" told me about  that I wanted to remember were veiled from my memory, but I testify, when she told me them, it was amazing and made so much sense and I know when I return, I WILL remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment