Sunday 2 February 2020

He will direct us 1988

The next time I really remember the Lord answering prayers was when I had my own baby, Michelle.  She was 18 months or so and needed to get her immunization shots.  We had an appointment at the health center and I needed to be on time.  The problem was, I couldn't find my car keys.  We lived in a small 2 bedroom apartment, simply furnished.  I looked EVERYWHERE for those keys, but they were literally not to be found  They  weren't in my purse, the diaper bag, the counter, the dresser.  I was going to miss her appointment if I didn't find those keys.  In desperation, I knelt down and told Heavenly Father my problem.  I told him how important this appointment was and asked for him to help me find the keys. As I stood up, I looked around the bedroom but no inspiration was finding its way into my mind.  I half heartedly checked the dresser tops again, wandered out into the living area and thought, "Look in the book case."  I glanced at the top of the 2 foot book case but the keys obviously weren't there.  I knelt down and put my hand behind the books thinking this was the most ridiculous place to look, knowing I would never put the keys there.  And yet, there they were!    As I pulled the keys out and hustled to make my appointment, I realized that Michelle must have found the keys and put them there.   I was SO incredibly grateful for the Lord inspiring me to look for those keys in a place I would never have looked on my own.  This was another testimony to me that God wants us to come to him even with our smallest concerns and he will direct us for our good.

No comments:

Post a Comment