Saturday 28 August 2010

Select a Language

As I was giving Logan a much needed bath after having walked all over the D.C. mall today, he playfully put some bubbles on his chin and then used his fingers to "shave" the soap off. I narrated what he was doing in Spanish, telling him he was "razurando". He corrected me and explained he was, in fact, shaving. "That's what I said, 'razurando'" I assured him, still speaking in Spanish. "Ooooh. I didn't know that," he marveled. Then he wondered, "Mommy, how you know EVYTHEEN?" I was about to demure that I really didn't know everything in Spanish, but he interrupted my denials by figuring it out all by himself. "OH, I know. You in 'Spanish' mode."

Which is really only hysterically funny if you've watched Toy Story III and are picturing Buzz Lightyear while HE was in Spanish Mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment