Friday 23 July 2010

Memories

I have another story I would like share in order to further embarrass my posterity.

If you'll remember in a previous post, Logan's super hero obsession includes Tony Starks' Iron Man. One day he decided to revisit that particular Marvel hero and asked that I play the DVD for him. Normally, we start the movie at Scene 4 in order to avoid the floozies, the drinking and a bit of the violence. As I was preparing to start the movie at the usual place, Logan objected saying, "Momma, Ah wan see da danseen." Moments passed as I ran that phrase through the Logan Decoder 2000....ok, found a feasible translation...I assured him that Iron Man had NO dancing in it, but he really insisted. To prove him wrong, I started the movie at the beginning and darn if there wasn't dancing!

The scene takes place in Tony Stark's private jet where he and Rhody, a bit toasted, talk business as the lovely young flight attendants danced for their arbitrary viewing pleasure.

Now I remember why we start at Scene 4...

When the movie progressed to the next scene, Logan requested that I rewind it to the "danseen" again. I'm sorry, but women dancing for the gratuitous indulgence of men is demeaning and not something I want to foster in our home, so I crashed his party and refused his enthusiastic pleas. When none of his entreaties would bend my unreasonable, fanatic, feminist will, he cried.

He was only five at the time.

2 comments:

  1. Poor Logan! He knows what he wants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah was right ... hateful shrew... (joke!)

    ReplyDelete