Sunday 27 June 2010

Crack

Today at church, one of the speakers became overcome with emotion and started to weep a little as she shared her love of teaching the Young Women. Logan stopped working on his paper airplane to ask why she was crying. I tried to whisper a quick but spiritually appropriate answer, "Her heart is filled with the Holy Ghost and when we are emotional, sometimes we cry." I turned my attention back to the sniffling lady and tuned Logan out. After a moment, I realized he was speaking to me again, but all I heard was, "Is her on crack?" How do you answer a question like that? In church and everything!...with a lady pouring her soul out?

I'll tell you how I addressed such a shocking question. I used the tried and true answer every parent falls back on and just gave a curt, "No" so I could go back to trying to hear what lady at the microphone was sobbing about. Logan interrupts again and reiterates, "Ho hawt is quacked?"

Oh.

He hadn't asked if she was "on crack," but if her heart was "cracked"; which in retrospect, makes much more sense.

Uh, yeah, that's it Logan, her heart is cracked...

(then I whispered the story to Dan and he almost had a stroke, trying not to laugh out loud... in church and everything!)

No comments:

Post a Comment